cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API to get a URL to edit a office document online

API to get a URL to edit a office document online

Gert
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi

I have a web site that allows the user to upload, view and download documents from Dropbox via the API. The customer would like to edit the documents online (WOPI). 

Is it possible to call a dropbox API that returns the URL that I then can put in an iFrame that would allow for the editing of the office document?

Or is the only way to do this to register with Microsoft and implement the serverside WOPI?

Thanks

Gert

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Dropbox API doesn't expose any of the Office/WOPI functionality on Dropbox, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request. That being the case, you would need to implement this separately. Sorry I don't have a better answer to share!

View solution in original post

Gert
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Dropbox API doesn't expose any of the Office/WOPI functionality on Dropbox, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request. That being the case, you would need to implement this separately. Sorry I don't have a better answer to share!

Gert
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks

ToprakTosun
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been trying to do the same thing on my website but I am not familiar with the Dropbox API or HTML and I've been struggling to find help. Would you mind sharing your code with me?

I'm trying to create a file upload widget in w/ progress bar using HTML that allows prospective employees to upload their CVs and Resumes directly into my business dropbox. But not allow access to view or download the CVs of other employees that have previously sent theirs in.

Regards,

-T.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ToprakTosun New member | Level 2
    Gert Helpful | Level 5
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?