cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API v1 /team/log/get_events endpoint returns an empty events list

API v1 /team/log/get_events endpoint returns an empty events list

Stricnis
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

since last Wednesday (May 30th, 2018) , the API v1 /team/log/get_events generally  returns an empty events list along the cursor. The only events returned are for admin operation but there are no events regarding file activities anymore.

Was there any change related to this API? I understood that even though it will be deprecated, it's working until October.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the report! We're looking into it.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your patience while we checked on this. Teams on certain Business plans (e.g., "Standard") will not have file events logged, per the documentation and plans page. It appears the team you're referring to selected a plan without file event tracking on that date, and as such no further file events are available.

Stricnis
Explorer | Level 4
Thanks Greg,

do you mean that since May 30th, customers with Standard Business Plan can't retrieve file events with /team/log/get_events endpoint anymore? It worked fine until this date and admin events are still logged today.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
No, this has been the case for these plans for some time. I'm saying that this particular team switched to this plan on that date.

Stricnis
Explorer | Level 4
I can ensure that's not the case, I'm the admin of the team and I didn't change the plan. No other admins did it. We use a Standard subscription from the beginning for tests only as we're developing a solution based on webhook notifications. I can provide the TeamId if you need it but I'm not convinced this public forum is the bast place to do so.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Note that the plan change may have been the result of the grandfathering of the old plans expiring, switching you to the new plans.

If you have questions about your Business plan, please contact support from the relevant account: https://www.dropbox.com/support/email/business_and_teams/submit
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Stricnis Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?