cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API webhook not being called

API webhook not being called

juliangoacher
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a Dropbox app setup to call a webhook URL to issue update notifications. This was all working until a few days ago but has now stopped working. As far as I can tell everything is setup correctly:

* The app is registered with my account using OAuth;

* I can access files in the app folder for my account over the API when I manually initiate an update;

* I've tried removing and reregistering the webhook URL - the challenge request is received and accepted, but the same URL never receives any notifications when files are updated in the app folder.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

juliangoacher
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So, this was because of an error in the webhook handler. The error didn't happen when I tested the webhook directly, and I could only see the error in the app dashboard when I rechecked it 20 minutes ago. Problem is fixed now!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

juliangoacher
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So, this was because of an error in the webhook handler. The error didn't happen when I tested the webhook directly, and I could only see the error in the app dashboard when I rechecked it 20 minutes ago. Problem is fixed now!

Derinmutlu36
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
A
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Derinmutlu36 New member | Level 2
    juliangoacher New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?