cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APIv2 call needs X-Dropbox-Uid header?

APIv2 call needs X-Dropbox-Uid header?

Győző C.
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! I am migrating to APIv2, and stuck with this:

Error in call to API function "files/save_url": Must provide HTTP header "X-Dropbox-Uid"

In the documentation I only find that the Authorization token is needed, so there should be no changes from v1 here.

This is the request:

Method: POST Content-Type=application/x-www-form-urlencoded Authorization=Bearer <the_token_that works_fine_ with_v1> url=https%3A%2F%2Fgycsoka-dot-dev-easyling.appspot.com%2F_el%2Ffiles%2Fexports%2FuxoOpbRPopLhxHWTlbbVotXg46zQKQX1%2Fdictionary.xliff.zip&path=%2Ftranslationproxy%2F%2F40f3cy3f%2Fexport%2Fskawa.hu_et-EE_40f3cy3f_1474016958473.xlf.zip

And the response:
Server=nginx Date=Fri, 16 Sep 2016 09:09:26 GMT Content-Type=text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Length=88 Connection=keep-alive Content-Disposition=attachment; filename=unspecified Content-Security-Policy=sandbox X-Content-Security-Policy=sandbox X-Dropbox-Request-Id=95b0ab8083ce94994c12356d12da9ccc X-Webkit-Csp=sandbox Strict-Transport-Security=max-age=15552000; includeSubDomains Error in call to API function "files/save_url": Must provide HTTP header "X-Dropbox-Uid"

Please help me clear up this!
Thanks,
Győző
2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi GyÅ‘zÅ‘, are you making the request to www.dropbox.com by any chance? RPC API calls like /2/files/save_url should be made to api.dropbox.com or api.dropboxapi.com.

Also, you should be using application/json not application/x-www-form-urlencoded. There's a curl example in the documentation. The API Explorer may also be helpful.

Győző C.
Explorer | Level 3

You're absolutely right. Thanks for helping!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Győző C. Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?