cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: APP Folder with Chooser

APP Folder with Chooser

corestorm
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I've got chooser up and running and everything seems to be fine. The thing that confuses me, is I generated the JS for my app. Yet when I use it, I can see all "my" dropbox folders. 

How do I make it limit it to my app only? Is this an app configuration setting?

If I connect to the API via my access token, I can only see/query my app folder (not using Chooser). Is there a way to make chooser default to this as well?

The expected outcome is, users of the app, would launch chooser to access only the files in that folder, and not all have to have their own dropbox accounts. 

Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox Chooser and Dropbox API are separate, so this is the expected behavior. Even if you use the Chooser with an app key for an app with the app folder permission, the end-user will be able to browse all of their files. Your app will only receive the specific file(s) the user explicitly selects though.

There isn't a way to restrict the Chooser to an app folder, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox Chooser and Dropbox API are separate, so this is the expected behavior. Even if you use the Chooser with an app key for an app with the app folder permission, the end-user will be able to browse all of their files. Your app will only receive the specific file(s) the user explicitly selects though.

There isn't a way to restrict the Chooser to an app folder, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

Need more support?