cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Access token is not being accepted from local server

Access token is not being accepted from local server

njclonch
Explorer | Level 3

After successfully receiving an access token from the `oauth2/authorize` endpoint, I have attempted to submit the access token to `sharing/get_shared_link_metadata` along with the URL of a shared link. Several attempts have returned me with a 401 error. So I tried submitting an access token, which was generated from the app page, but with no success. However, when I copied/pasted my code to phpfiddle.com, the request returned successfully. So the issue seems to exist only in the request from my virtual server.

I have no clue what issue could exist in a request from a virtual server, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

12 Replies 12

njclonch
Explorer | Level 3

I think I'm doing everything correctly. I think the issue is just due to the last request originitating from a local server without authentic SSL. The access tokens I'm receiving seem to work, just not from my local server.

Thanks for your help.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
I'm not sure I follow. Were you able to inspect the actual API requests like I suggested?

njclonch
Explorer | Level 3

Sorry. I took the time to inspect the final request, which contains the access token in the request header. When I isolated the issue to the function, which contains the curl post/request, it came back with a successful response. So, to my embarrassment, there was actually just an issue somewhere else. I got really bogged down in this problem a couple days ago, and I think I just needed to step away from it.

Thanks for the persistent help.

Need more support?