cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android - corrupt video after downloaded

Android - corrupt video after downloaded

HBi
New member | Level 2

After downloading a video file from the Dropbox android application, the file gets corrupted.

Background why I want to do this:

In my android application, the user can select a video file from Dropbox (if they have the app installed on their device). The Dropbox application downloads the file after the user selects it and I get a Uri of that file, I then create a new file for me to use in my application.

At first I thought that I made a mistake in my code while copying the file, but I went to the Dropbox download location (data/com.dropbox.android/files/u4378374/scratch/myFolder) and I tested and got the same result. Thats when I knew that the fault is with the Dropbox application and not my application.

I also tested by downloading a file from my computer and the video is not corrupted, I'm not sure if Dropbox applies some sort of compression when downloading a file from the android application?

I have asked a question about this on stackoverflow.com, here is the link to that question (Please see edit 1) - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55686381/copying-file-from-dropbox-makes-the-file-corrupt

Can someone please adive me on what I should do and why this happens?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Since this sounds like an issue in the Dropbox mobile app itself, please open a ticket with Dropbox support so they can look into it for you. Thanks in advance! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?