cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: App Folders and Business access

App Folders and Business access

tcoles-eline
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am a member in a Business account with no special permissions. If I create an App with App Folder access, who else in the business gets access to the app folder while the app is "in development"?

The web interface suggests the access is "Only you", but I'd like to make it available to the whole organization. Is that possible? Would the answer be different if my permissions were different?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The special "app folder" created for an app with the "app folder" permission is only accessible to the user that connected the app (you, in this case). This is the same regardless of your account plan (free, paid, Business, etc.) as well as the app's status (development vs. production).

It's unfortunately not possible to share the app folder with others. If you need to have the app interact with shared folders, you'd need to create an app with the "full Dropbox" permission instead, so that can create and share arbitrary folders.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The special "app folder" created for an app with the "app folder" permission is only accessible to the user that connected the app (you, in this case). This is the same regardless of your account plan (free, paid, Business, etc.) as well as the app's status (development vs. production).

It's unfortunately not possible to share the app folder with others. If you need to have the app interact with shared folders, you'd need to create an app with the "full Dropbox" permission instead, so that can create and share arbitrary folders.

tcoles-eline
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply. Any chance, down the road, that we'll get more flexible control over API access control? Something linked to Team Folders, perhaps?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'm not aware of current plans for anything like that, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.
Need more support?