cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BUG: rendering PDF with ?raw=1 not showing in Chrome & Safari

BUG: rendering PDF with ?raw=1 not showing in Chrome & Safari

De L.1
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

To my surprise I noticed that it isn't possible to embed shared files anymore by using the ?raw=1 parameters as discussed in the Dropbox Help Center.

For instance, I am not able to see the following file anymore in Chrome 56.0.2924.87 or 57.0.2987.98:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgauf66zeoi816i/___TEST___.pdf?raw=1

The Errors that are being thrown by Chrome:

1. Unrecognized Content-Security-Policy directive 'referrer'.
  2. Failed to load 'https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/..../file' as a plugin, because the frame into which the plugin is loading is sandboxed.

The issues currently doesn't seem to affect any other browsers like IE, Edge or FF. 
Update: Safari 10.0.3 (Mac Sierra) also seems to be affected

Are you are aware of this issue? And will it be solved?

14 Replies 14

jdbrown
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just updated Chrome to Version 62.0.3202.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) and it actually seems to be working now.

guilhermegarcia
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issue here: PDFs won't open (Safari and Firefox, both under current versions). Every single link I have is ...raw=1, so basically nothing works at the moment. Am I missing something...? They all simply stopped working all of a sudden—just now—and I really need all these files to be working properly.

guilhermegarcia
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Update: everything works fine if I turn off my VPN. Not sure if that's what's supposed to happen: if people have a VPN they're not able to see raw=1 files...?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@guilhermegarcia There's nothing about VPNs in general that should be affecting this. I just tried it, and raw=1 links are working properly for me in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, all both on and off a VPN. That being the case, it sounds like there may be something about your VPN connection in particular that is interfering unfortunately. 

guilhermegarcia
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks, Greg! I actually found out what the problem was: my VPN (NordVPN) has this thing called "CyberSec"—it's an additional security feature. If you don't deactivate it, raw=1 files won't render.

Need more support?