cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch move operation fails due to internal error

Batch move operation fails due to internal error

Dushyant
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I am currently working on an server-side application that is handling large quantity of image files using Dropbox. The application is using Java SDK to interact with Dropbox API. During our workflow, we have to move a large number of folders from one location to another in Dropbox. The number of folders in each such request varies between 500-1000 where each of these folders holds 6-8 high quality images. I am using batch-move operation for moving these folders. While the operation is performed successfully most of the times, occasionally it failes citing internal error. The problem is when it fails, it deletes the folders from the source path but does not copies them to the target location which is resulting in loss of files.

Any help would be appreciated as to why this is happening and what can be done to avoid such situation.

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Can you open an API ticket with the specifics so we can look into this specifically for you?

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

The following would likely be helpful:
- the app name or key
- the affected user ID(s)
- a sample job ID for a job that failed, and a corresponding sample path for a missing file

Thanks in advance!

Dushyant
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Greg,

As per your suggestion I have opened a ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/8259487.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thank you! We'll look into it and follow up with you there.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Dushyant Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?