Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

Blank page on AOSP browser Android 6.0

Level 3

I get a blank page when I try to do a API Request.

The blank page appears also on dropbox.com website.

The issue affected AOSP browser on Android 6.0, others browsers work good, AOSP Browser on Android 4.4.4 works good.

I need a workaround beacuse the app run on a custom device without PlayStore with only the default browser

10 Replies

Re: Blank page on AOSP browser Android 6.0

Dropboxer

I'm not sure I understand your message. Can you clarify what you mean when you say you get a blank page from an API request? Dropbox API requests involve communicating with the Dropbox API servers, typically exchanging JSON, not HTML web pages, over HTTPS.

Are you referring to the Dropbox app authorization page itself (at https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize...)? That's not an API request, but rather just part of the Dropbox web site, used during the OAuth app authorization process.

If that's what you're referring to, please note that that web page is subject to the overall dropbox.com system requirements. That doesn't officially support the "AOSP browser", so I recommend upgrading to a newer, supported browser.

Level 3

The problem is that with the default browser pre-installed in Android 6.0 stock the dropbox.com website (and so also the authorization app page) show a blank page, so i can't authorize my app.
With the default browser on Android 4.4 stock all works good. 
One month ago also with browser pre-installed in Android 6.0 stock all was ok...

eWh5e8ka.jpg

Dropboxer

I see, thanks for clarifying. 

Unfortunately, as that browser is not officially supported, I can't promise a fix, but I will bring this up with the team.

Dropboxer

I just tried this myself with an Android 6.0 emulator, and I'm not seeing the behavior you're seeing:

Screenshot 2019-07-12 11.54.02.pngScreenshot 2019-07-12 11.54.15.png

Can you share the exact User-Agent for the browser you're using, as well as any JavaScript errors from the page?

Level 3

Here, more info:

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 09.48.25.pngBrowser versionScreenshot 2019-07-15 at 09.48.06.pngAndroid versionScreenshot 2019-07-15 at 09.47.02.pngConsole error

Level 3

There is a workaround,

If i flag "Request Desktop Site", the page works good

UPDATE: 

...but the Sign-In process doesn't work. 

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 10.23.03.png

Dropboxer

Thanks for the information! Can you share the User-Agent string though? You can get it by going here in the browser, for instance:

https://www.google.com/search?q=What%27s+my+User+Agent

Level 3

Real device:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; Max2 Build/2018-12-26_19-06_2.0.1_0d1b2fc; wv) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/44.0.2403.119 Safari/537.36

Emulator:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0; Android SDK built for x86 Build/MASTER; wv) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/44.0.2403.119 Safari/537.36

Dropboxer

Thanks! That's helpful. I'm bringing this up with the team. Again though, I unfortunately can't promise a fix as this browser isn't officially supported. 

API Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about API Support.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post