Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

Bussiness Accounts using Team Space vs Older Accounts

Explorer | Level 4

Working with the Dropbox API with both Business Accounts using the Team Space configuration and older accounts that are not using it I have a few questions:

I've noticed that there are some differences in using the API with older/newer accounts. For example on newer accounts you can turn off the inheritance of folder members from Team(shared) folders to sub folders. On older accounts this is not possible (e.g. on older accounts folders within Team folders always inherit the parent folder members). Is there a list/source where all differences like this one are documented, or at least general changes and/or comparison between older accounts and the team space accounts... This leads me to my second question - is it possible to "update" older business accounts so that they utilize the functionalities of the team space configuration. If this is not possible, is something planned? 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bussiness Accounts using Team Space vs Older Accounts

Dropboxer

I don't believe we have documentation comparing the functionality of the two configurations directly like this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be written and published though. The Namespace Guide has a graphical comparison of the two folder structures though.

You can find information on potentially getting access to the team space configuration in this help center article.

3 Replies

Dropboxer

I don't believe we have documentation comparing the functionality of the two configurations directly like this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be written and published though. The Namespace Guide has a graphical comparison of the two folder structures though.

You can find information on potentially getting access to the team space configuration in this help center article.

Explorer | Level 4

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the complete answer. I was wondering now that the team space configuration has been available for more than a year, do you know if all old team accounts (that are not using the team space config.) are eligable to enroll for it via the Early Access?

Dropboxer

I can't speak to current eligibility as that would be a different department than mine. If you have questions on that, you can contact Business support.

API Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about API Support.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post