cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling /2/files/list_folder/continue without headers

Calling /2/files/list_folder/continue without headers

rk90
Helpful | Level 5

There are several endpoints that have a corresponding `continue` endpoint that allow for pagination. My question is do the corresponding `continue` endpoints require the same headers and json body that was passed initially.

For example I call /2/files/list_folder with following headers and request body

Headers = {'Dropbox-API-Path-Root': '{".tag": "namespace_id", "namespace_id": "795884475"}'}

Data = {"path": "", "recursive": True}

I get the result and use the cursor to call /2/files/list_folder_continue. Now when calling /2/files/list_folder_continue, do I also need to pass the Headers and Data that was passed to /2/files/list_folder or I just pass the cursor in request body?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You should use the same headers, but the body is used for endpoint-specific parameters, which can vary by endpoint. The /2/files/list_folder and /2/files/list_folder/continue endpoints in particular do take different parameters. For /2/files/list_folder/continue, the body should only contain the expected "cursor" parameter as JSON.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?