Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!
Highlighted

Calling /2/files/list_folder/continue without headers

Explorer | Level 4

There are several endpoints that have a corresponding `continue` endpoint that allow for pagination. My question is do the corresponding `continue` endpoints require the same headers and json body that was passed initially.

For example I call /2/files/list_folder with following headers and request body

Headers = {'Dropbox-API-Path-Root': '{".tag": "namespace_id", "namespace_id": "795884475"}'}

Data = {"path": "", "recursive": True}

I get the result and use the cursor to call /2/files/list_folder_continue. Now when calling /2/files/list_folder_continue, do I also need to pass the Headers and Data that was passed to /2/files/list_folder or I just pass the cursor in request body?

1 Reply

Re: Calling /2/files/list_folder/continue without headers

Dropboxer

You should use the same headers, but the body is used for endpoint-specific parameters, which can vary by endpoint. The /2/files/list_folder and /2/files/list_folder/continue endpoints in particular do take different parameters. For /2/files/list_folder/continue, the body should only contain the expected "cursor" parameter as JSON.

API Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about API Support.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post