cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Can't get folder metadata for team admin's files

Can't get folder metadata for team admin's files

roi_kedem
Explorer | Level 3

My app works well when the user (authenticated via oAuth2) is a private user. When the user is a team admin I can't use /2/files/get_metadata - I always get a 'path not found' error.

The path I use is the folder id I get from the chooser. I need to get its name and path.

I relate to Dropbox's answer here: 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34865841/dropbox-http-api-get-files-folders-for-current-tokens-a...

that says: "Note that if you only ever want to perform API calls for the specific user that authorizes the app, you register and should use a normal Dropbox API app, instead of a Dropbox Business API app"

Using Business API app didn't help in my case either.

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox API, but I'll need some more information. Please reply with:

- the exact steps to reproduce the issue
- the name and version of the platform and SDK/library you are using, if any
- the full text of the error/any output
- the relevant code snippet(s)

Thanks in advance! 

roi_kedem
Explorer | Level 3

No need for that. the problem was that for Development applications (not production) there is a difference between the file access of the app to what the 'chooser' can see. Chooser gave the app folder_id that tha app could not see.

I think it's not a nice idea to let the chooser see files other than what the app can see

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I see, thanks for the feedback!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    roi_kedem Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?