cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking the Percent of File being uploaded via /save_url/

Checking the Percent of File being uploaded via /save_url/

dungun
Explorer | Level 3

Hi , I am uploading a file via /save_url/ . I used /save_url/check_job_status  to check the progress , It only shows "in_progress" . No info about percent of file uploaded .

Any way to know the percentage of file being uploaded ?

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
The API doesn't offer a way to get the percent progress for these jobs, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

dungun
Explorer | Level 3
there should be a percent progress in /save_url/check_job_status , otherwise it's useless for uploading big files . User won't know when there files will be uploaded . But there are some sites which showing percentage of upload , don't know if they are showing fake progress bar .

Chai234
Helpful | Level 6

I would assume this isn't done to discourage large uploads. I second the request, I'm uploading a 130GB file on 30Mbs only and I want to know if I should pause it for the day when I work or if it will be hogging my troughput only for 1-2 hours more.

I also often upload 2-4GB images to publishers and on deadlines it's annoying for them not to know exactly how long my upload will take. Even a few minutes is valuable time at the deadline.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Chai234 It sounds like you're referring to using the official Dropbox application. This thread was about a specific feature of the Dropbox developer platform, not the Dropbox app. 

You can share feedback about the Dropbox app itself in the "Share an idea" forum here:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Chai234 Helpful | Level 6
    dungun Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?