cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose file from chooser and share it with specific people (email id) with view only permission

Choose file from chooser and share it with specific people (email id) with view only permission

madelinemorse04
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I want to achieve a solution for a specific condition.

I want to integrate chooser API so that users can choose specific files and then internally through programming I need to share it with specific people (with their dropbox email id) and giving them view only permission and not giving them download permission.

Any kind of help will be really appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
It sounds like there are two pieces to this:

1) The ability to have Dropbox send the shared link to another Dropbox user: The Dropbox Chooser doesn't offer this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. As a workaround, you'd need to send an email (or use whatever sharing mechanism you wish) from your app itself.

2) The ability to set shared links returned by the Chooser to disallow downloads: The Dropbox Chooser also doesn't offer this, and we'll consider this a feature request as well.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?