cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transport limit reference page for 25k API call limit hidden? (intentional?)

Data transport limit reference page for 25k API call limit hidden? (intentional?)

thelwang
Helpful | Level 7

Hello

I found this useful guide in google recently: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/data-transport-limit

It would have really clarified some things when I was working on our app earlier before but its really hard to find. Super odd this guide doesn't appear on the API developer website links. It only appears in the HTTP docs links and some forum posts.

Can there be added a real link to this on the api website? Not sure how many people are supposed to find this. This might have been online earlier but I just didn't discover it.

Also just to confirm, there's still no way to a non-business app to see if the user's account has an API upload call limit?  Also, no way to figure out how close you are to that limit either way, yes? Would be nice to know if you should try to choose large hunk sizes or not. Assuming no which is a bit sad but it's okay. Hasn't been a big deal

1 Reply 1

DBX_Robert
Dropbox Staff

Glad to hear you found that guide helpful, despite it being hard to find.  I'll pass along the request to include it in the side bar so that it is more easily discovered.

As for your other questions, you are correct that it is not possible for a non-business app to determine whether a user's team has an API upload call limit, or a way to determine how much of that limit has been consumed.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DBX_Robert Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?