cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do webhooks fire for generated 'own user' development tokens?

Do webhooks fire for generated 'own user' development tokens?

companion
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a minimal POC with Dropbox paper and webhooks. I have created an app and pointed the webhook URI to my demo application. Everything is enabled, challenge accepted and looking fine. My app works when I send it a test notification myself, but it looks as if Dropbox isn't firing notifications when I change files in the app's folder.

I've read a lot of other posts on the subject, and I suspect that OAuth is tripping me up. I am currently only using the generated access token for my own user account - will this cause webhooks to fire, or do I need to connect the 'proper way'?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

companion
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Okay, so I missed something vital here: When you give an app 'specific folder' permissions, that folder goes inside /Apps. I had an app-named folder in the root of my Dropbox, and was trying to make changes there.

One thing that might help is if the folder configuration UI in the App Console had a leading /Apps/ before the folder name to make this clearer?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

companion
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Okay, so I missed something vital here: When you give an app 'specific folder' permissions, that folder goes inside /Apps. I had an app-named folder in the root of my Dropbox, and was trying to make changes there.

One thing that might help is if the folder configuration UI in the App Console had a leading /Apps/ before the folder name to make this clearer?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear you already got this sorted out, and thanks for the feedback!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    companion Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?