Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more
Highlighted

Download Zip limits

Level 3

I am curently experimenting with the Download Zip and Download File APIs, but I'm running into issues with the two:

1. Download Zip works well since it preserves the file metadata, but quickly becomes unfeasible due to the limitations since we have many instances of files larger than 4GB or folders that are over 20GB.

2. Download File works but writing binary stream doesn't retain file metadata.

Is there any possibility to increase the Download Zip limits? Or, are there are creative work-arounds to use the API for large exports + retaining file metadata? I could use the server_modified timestamp and os.utime to modify the file after it writes, but that isn't the most ideal way.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Download Zip limits

Dropboxer

There isn't a way to increase the limits on /2/files/download_zip, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

I'm afraid I can't offer any other good workarounds. 

1 Reply

Re: Download Zip limits

Dropboxer

There isn't a way to increase the limits on /2/files/download_zip, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

I'm afraid I can't offer any other good workarounds. 

API Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about API Support.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post