cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Zip limits

Download Zip limits

sty6
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am curently experimenting with the Download Zip and Download File APIs, but I'm running into issues with the two:

1. Download Zip works well since it preserves the file metadata, but quickly becomes unfeasible due to the limitations since we have many instances of files larger than 4GB or folders that are over 20GB.

2. Download File works but writing binary stream doesn't retain file metadata.

Is there any possibility to increase the Download Zip limits? Or, are there are creative work-arounds to use the API for large exports + retaining file metadata? I could use the server_modified timestamp and os.utime to modify the file after it writes, but that isn't the most ideal way.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There isn't a way to increase the limits on /2/files/download_zip, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

I'm afraid I can't offer any other good workarounds. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There isn't a way to increase the limits on /2/files/download_zip, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

I'm afraid I can't offer any other good workarounds. 

lostinlovephotography
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Would LOVE to see the limit of downloadable zip files to 40GB so that we can store our backup work on dropbox and bulk download if we need to for clients or if we lose data on our harddrives.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@lostinlovephotography Thanks for the feedback!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    lostinlovephotography New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?