cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Box widget for Websites

Drop Box widget for Websites

AzharMajeed
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I have a web application where I can upload the files and attachments which can be downloaded by my clients. I need to enable them to add the selected file directly to their dropbox. Or some functionality that runs on download event which copies or upload the same file which user is downloading to his dropbox. Kindly guide how can I achieve this.

My web app is built in PHP using code Ignitor. I can even user .Net code as well using web API.

Kindly suggest on this.

Thanks,

Azhar Majeed

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
If you want to enable users to save files you provide to their Dropbox accounts, I recommend checking out the Dropbox Saver:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/saver

AzharMajeed
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Greg for the response.  It's really helpful. Just one more thing to ask. Do I need to buy something to implement this solution, like SDK or something? One more question is, do all the files which are downloaded to dropbox goes to the same account by which we create the app. What if I want to make the file download in user's dropbox account who is logged in. Is it possible using this saver feature?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
No, use of the Dropbox Saver is free.

When a user uses the Dropbox Saver, it does save the file(s) into whatever account they are signed in to in their browser, not your developer account.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    AzharMajeed Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?