cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API Connector - Overwrite

Dropbox API Connector - Overwrite

sd_grow
New member | Level 2

Does anyone know how to make an API connection not overwrite files?  I am currently running a feed where data is syncing into Dropbox.  Everytime the feed reruns, the previous data gets overwritte with new data.  However, I need one file collecting all data. 

Please share any insights or solutions. 

3 Replies 3

TaylorKrusen
Dropbox Staff

We need more information to offer any meaningful suggestions. Can you provide more detail about your integration? Code samples are helpful, too.

sd_grow
New member | Level 2

We have created a flow for our internal purpose where it is executing in recurrence of every 15 minutes.. after successfully running it, we want to save the output to the file stored in dropbox.

We want to collect output of each run of the flow in one file.
For ex. the flow runs for the first time with 200 records, it gets written to the file in dropbox!
It runs again after 15 minutes, and the output of this flow which is also 200 records are not appended to the existing records instead it creates a new file and writes it to that file.
would you please advise how can we achieve that?

TaylorKrusen
Dropbox Staff

Are you using a third party integration or your own, custom application? I can only offer support for applications you're directly building with the Dropbox API.

If you're writing the code, I still need more information to offer any advice. 

• What programming language are you using?
  • What endpoints are you calling?

Seeing code samples would be a more effective way for me to understand what is happening and suggest a solution. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TaylorKrusen Dropbox Staff
    sd_grow New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?