cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Developer API support for sync status

Dropbox Developer API support for sync status

Dushyant
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi!

Is it possible to know the status of a sync operation through the Dropbox developer API? Basically, a user makes some changes/add files to the local Dropbox folder on his/her desktop machine. Is there anyway to track the progress of the sync between the user's local Dropbox folder and Dropbox servers through the Dropbox developer API?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, unfortunately the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to check the desktop sync status, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, unfortunately the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to check the desktop sync status, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

Dushyant
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks Greg!

FrankK1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

The above post is over a year old now.  This hardly seems like an outlandishly complex requirement - if the Dropbox icon on my status bar can tell if my Dropbox is up to date or not, why could that same capability not be provided as an API?  I would like to have something on my desktop that would be proactive and unmissable, and simply show green if Dropbox is up to date, and red if not.   Can anyone tell me if they have found a way to achieve this, or if Dropbox has been updated to add this API?

Thank you.

Frank.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@FrankK1 Thanks for the feedback! No, unfortunately this has not been added to the API. 

Moesslacher
Explorer | Level 4

This request was more than 3 years ago - any news on an API that can read the general sync status of Dropbox (under Win11)?
Thank you,
Friedrich

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Moesslacher No, I don't have an update on this.

Moesslacher
Explorer | Level 4

@Greg-DB Thank you for your reply. May I ask you to emphasize the already forwarded request for a strongly requested new function?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Moesslacher Thanks for the note; I'll do so.

Need more support?