cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox SDK login script error Windows 10 c# IE11

Dropbox SDK login script error Windows 10 c# IE11

vladabuba
Explorer | Level 4

Our application uses Dropbox SDK for C# in WPF application. We use login screen from Dropbox SDK  to autheniticate users with their dropbox accounts. One user has reported me that he gets script error on login page when he tries to authenticate. He uses Windows 10 and has IE11 and Edge installed.

Error when using login from Dropbox sdk on windows 10/IE11Error when using login from Dropbox sdk on windows 10/IE11

It looks like there is an js script error on login page (something in connection with captcha?)

I do not have this type of message from any other of my Windows 10 development or test machines so I was wondering why this happens on his machine?

2 Replies 2

DBX_Robert
Dropbox Staff

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53299484/dropbox-sdk-login-script-error-windows-10-c-sharp-ie11 ]

In the screenshot attached, you appear to be using a webview in order for the user to login and OAuth the app. Using webviews to process the OAuth app authorization flow is unsupported.

Our latest version of the .NET SDK includes both instructions and a helper class to ensure that a supported native browser is used to process the OAuth flow.

vladabuba
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the reply. Using sdk and new examples I have implemented new workflow.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

vladabuba Explorer | Level 4
    DBX_Robert Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?