cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Transfer API

Dropbox Transfer API

tjosten
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

as developer of Dropshare (https://dropshare.app), I'd love to see an API for Dropbox Transfer (https://dropbox.com/transfer). Any plans for that?

20 Replies 20

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox doesn't currently offer an API for the Dropbox Transfer feature, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

ckorhonen
New member | Level 2

Would love to see this feature - in my workflow I'm often generating transfer links for a large number of folders, would love to be able to automate this with an API.

FrederickZh
Helpful | Level 7

Just want to say that this will also be highly useful for email client integrations, e.g. Thunderbird Filelink.

rjodwyer
New member | Level 2

Given we are seeing spammers using Dropbox Transfer to host phishing files, API access shouldnt be an afterthought on a service like this.

We use the existing Dropbox API to check Dropbox files before releasing to end users.

Its not possible to do this with Transfer links so we are contemplating bouncing all emails that contain Dropbox transfer links.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback! I'm passing this along to the team.

homedeck
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Greg, any word on this? We could really use this feature as WeTransfer has officially deprecated their API.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@homedeck No, unfortunately I don't have any news on this request.

homedeck
Explorer | Level 4

@Greg-DB are there any engineers from the Transfer team on these forums? If not, I'll highly recommend you all consider it. Unity, the game engine, has done it with success. We, users, are able to discuss in real time with the engineers responsible for implementing and managing features. This indirection where you have to forward issues seems incredibly inefficient, given that you only seems to send them things and they never (ever) seem to get back to us with any information. It's been a month and no word on this.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@homedeck We don't currently have Dropbox product engineers for any particular product, such as Transfer, on the forum here, but thanks for the idea and feedback! I'll float this with them, as well as check in with them regarding the request itself.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    tjosten New member | Level 2
    spotloader2 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?