cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox changes IP of authentication and upload servers

Dropbox changes IP of authentication and upload servers

manutenzionesv
Explorer | Level 4

Hi all,

Dropbox changes IP of authentication and upload servers every some times?

In my farm, from my app developed using Node RED, I need to upload a xls file to Dropbox every 24 hours.

In my farm we have a proxy and a firewall that have special rules for outputting the files to Dropbox.

But the Dropbox IP change frequently due to security policies i suppose and I need to modify the rules in my firewall.

There is a solution for avoid this? (for example use FQDN)

Any Idea?

Many thanks!

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Yes, since the Dropbox IPs are subject to change as servers are added and removed, or as maintenance occurs, we are unable to provide you with a list of our IPs. We recommend you simply whitelist *.dropbox.com and *.dropboxapi.com instead.

You can find the full list of domains Dropbox uses here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/official-domains

CrazySerb
New member | Level 2

Yeah, if only domain whitelisting would work on hosted websites, cPanel control panels and such. Only IPs and IP ranges are allowed.

And you're telling us that you can't keep an updated list, even if you update it only once a month, of all the IPs you're using, across all the networks and providers, but you can manage gazillions of terabytes of user data, syncing it all across the world instantly over hundreds of networks, devices, etc?

Please.

Get an intern on this and have him spend an hour or two every few weeks just updating the list with all the live IPs for everyone's sake. It's not that hard nor time consuming. Jesus...

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback @CrazySerb ! I'll send this along to the team.

CrazySerb
New member | Level 2

Can you keep us posted here on any updates on this front?

Thanks.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Yes, I'll follow up on this thread with any updates on this request. For reference, I'm not currently aware of work or plans to implement this, but I'll post here with any news or changes.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    CrazySerb New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?