cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox download api is not working

Dropbox download api is not working

amit-kumar
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox download is not working, we are getting this error message 'service unavailable' with error code 503.. what is the alternative of this API. 

Api endpoint: https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/sharing/get_shared_link_file

15 Replies 15

amit-kumar
Explorer | Level 4

hello, @Greg-DB  any solution for downloading  "received" files? and when that would be implemented? 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, unfortunately I don't have an update on this.

astaley
New member | Level 2

You should be able to convert the ?dl=0 to ?dl=1 given to you in the preview url.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@astaley Thanks for the note! That looks like a usable workaround if the link is publicly accessibly. To clarify for others, you can directly download from links like this by using the URL parameters documented here. This is unrelated to the actual Dropbox API though, and would only work if the link is publicly accessible, e.g., it doesn't have a password, etc.

The original issue on this thread, with the error returned by /2/sharing/get_shared_link_file for this kind of link, is still open. Changing the "dl" parameter doesn't affect that.

astaley
New member | Level 2

Ah sorry, I was actually really unclear. I don't even think that works if the doc is publically available.

It only works if you possess an HTTP cookie for the user, as the dl links are cookie authenticated, not oauth.  I'm not sure what type of app OP is building, but this would be workable on say a mobile app (or a personal one)

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@amit-kumar The 503 issue on get_shared_link_file should be fixed now. Please try again and let me know if you're still seeing any issues.

Need more support?