cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Embed dropbox folder in the a webpage?

Can you embed a Dropbox folder on a website or webpage?

Martin P.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

What are good ways to embed dropbox folder in the a webpage like a Google drive for example ?

<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/embeddedfolderview?id=1234567890#list" width="100%" height="800" frameborder="0"></iframe>

51 Replies 51

harrysfil
Experienced | Level 13
Go to solution

Where is the embed option? So many years have passed. How difficult it is to add this option.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional feedback! I don't have any news on this though; Dropbox currently doesn't offer a pre-built embeddable option like this, but I'll add your voice to the feature request.

harrysfil
Experienced | Level 13
Go to solution

I dont beleive someone hears us or even pays attention to our requests. 2015 is the first post. Today is 2019. So i guess if Dropbox really wanted to do it they had all the time to do it. Why do i have to use google drive or onedrive for embeding? When you are in 1st place of cloud services (as i think dropbox is) you should have provided this option many years now. I am afraid that "add your voice to the feature request" is a typical answer that will leave this unsloved for another 4 years. It would be great if someone from that dept told us the truth like forget it look elsewere or we simply can not do it or we are working on it. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@harrysfil Thanks for the reply! We generally don't announce plans ahead of time, as plans can change and we wouldn't want to accidentally mislead anyone. Right now, I'm not aware of current work on a feature like this, but I'll follow up on this thread if/when I have anything to share.

harrysfil
Experienced | Level 13
Go to solution

The bigger question is WHY? why does dropbox leaves out this feature. I am using your professional plan which costs a lot of money. So i think that someone who makes these decisions should answer not only to me but also to anyone else with the same request.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@harrysfil I can't offer insight as to why Dropbox overall does or doesn't implement any particular feature, but we appreciate the input from our customers!

harrysfil
Experienced | Level 13
Go to solution

So, what is the purpose of people representing the company or even customer care? Just to write down our requests. Dropbox could create a form just for that. No reason to have people to interact. I really feel like if i am dealing with the Company which is faceless which has a soul of its own and all the rest of us-customers have no say to it.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@harrysfil Thanks for the feedback!

TheSMB
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It's 2020. Any update on this? 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@TheSMB I don't have any news to share on this right now. (I may have something to share soon, but as always I can't make any promises. I'll follow up here if/when I do though.)

Need more support?