cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encoding type error with Dropbox Saver

Encoding type error with Dropbox Saver

ilangorajagopal
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm using Dropbox Saver to upload mp4 files to my dropbox. When I call the Dropbox.save() method, I get this error:

"Error downloading https://dev.rocketium.com/videos/5640531e7e119dcc577857b0/resized/that-sea-the-gambler_1526882073332.... ed content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate, gzip content encodings."

How can I fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This URL is returning the response header:

Content-Encoding: base64

This content encoding is not supported by the Dropbox Saver system, so you won't be able to use this as-is to save the file to Dropbox.

If you control the server, you can reconfigure it to not use this content encoding, and use deflate or gzip instead (or nothing). If you don't control the server, you may wish to ask the maintainers to change this. Alternatively, you would need to use a different host.

(It's also worth noting that 'base64' does not appear to be a valid Content Coding type for the HTTP spec.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This URL is returning the response header:

Content-Encoding: base64

This content encoding is not supported by the Dropbox Saver system, so you won't be able to use this as-is to save the file to Dropbox.

If you control the server, you can reconfigure it to not use this content encoding, and use deflate or gzip instead (or nothing). If you don't control the server, you may wish to ask the maintainers to change this. Alternatively, you would need to use a different host.

(It's also worth noting that 'base64' does not appear to be a valid Content Coding type for the HTTP spec.)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?