cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 410 thumbnailUrl

Error 410 thumbnailUrl

kult
New member | Level 2

I am using the dropbox chooser to save file ids from dropbox to my backend. The thumbnailUrl generated by dropbox works for sometime but then starts throwing a 410. The file was not moved. Separate question: how can I generate a persistent thumbnail url that is not affected when the file is moved?

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 10.38.11 PM.png

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The thumbnail links returned by the Chooser currently expire after four hours, at which point accessing them will fail with this 410 error.

There isn't a way to get permanent thumbnail links from the Chooser, but I'll ask the team to update it to offer this, or at least better document this.

Kingslands
New member | Level 2

Hi! I am having the same issue please help!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Kingslands Can you elaborate on the issue you're seeing? As discussed above, these thumbnail links are only temporary, so if you're seeing them start returning 410 after several hours, that's expected. There isn't a way to get permanent thumbnail links from the Chooser.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Kingslands New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?