cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error Summaries

Error Summaries

Naga Abhinaya T
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

Is there any documentation available, for list of error codes and the sample error responses? This will be helpful to handle errors and Exception. Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The documentation does cover each error message, but note that errors are nested, so you need to click through to expand the ones you want to read about.

For example, to see the `malformed_path` error (and others) for /2/files/get_metadata, click on the `LookupError` type listed for the `path` error in the "ERRORS" section.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, we have documentation for each of our official SDKs, as well as the HTTP interface itself. 

Naga Abhinaya T
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

That was useful. However I am using REST APIs only to access Dropbox data of the authenticated users. I need sample error responses like

{  

"error_summary":"path/malformed_path/",

"error":{  

"reason":{  

".tag":"malformed_path"

},

"upload_session_id":"",

".tag":"path"

}

}

This is one possible error response and there are many such error responses that can happen. Is there a complete docuemntation of possible errors and their error response?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The documentation covers every possible error, but it doesn't include full sample JSON for each one. I'll be sure to pass this along as feedback.

Naga Abhinaya T
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Greg,

The documentation covers every possible error codes and not errors. I could not find the "malformed_path" error in any of the documentations. Is there any documentation listing the possible errors and their error_messages. If possible, can you add these details to the documentation?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The documentation does cover each error message, but note that errors are nested, so you need to click through to expand the ones you want to read about.

For example, to see the `malformed_path` error (and others) for /2/files/get_metadata, click on the `LookupError` type listed for the `path` error in the "ERRORS" section.

Naga Abhinaya T
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks Greg!
Need more support?