cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error When creating new folder in teams

Error When creating new folder in teams

bnknaveenkumar
Explorer | Level 3

While creating new folder in teams i am getting error, 

{
"error_summary": "invalid_account_type/endpoint/...",
"error": {
".tag": "invalid_account_type",
"invalid_account_type": {
".tag": "endpoint"
}
},
"user_message": {
"locale": "en",
"text": "You can’t create a team folder for this team"
}
}

Not able to resolve this issue as i am stuck at this place for this account and i am using team member file access. Please suggest a solution in HTTP and also in C# SDK i am developing with C#.
3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like your team is set up to use the "team space" configuration, so you shouldn't use the /2/team/team_folder/* endpoints. To create a folder in the team space, you should use the /2/files/create_folder_v2 endpoint. That's CreateFolderV2Async in the .NET SDK. Please refer to the Namespace Guide for information on how to operate in the team space. You can set the the 'Dropbox-API-Path-Root' header in the .NET SDK using DropboxClient.WithPathRoot

Lodgical
Explorer | Level 3

Sorry I mistyped - I meant "Scanned Docs" not "Scanned Doc"

Hi, I appreciate this post is quite old now but please can you help.

I am using the following post to try to create a folder inside the "Scanned Docs" Folder shown belowimage.png

URL = https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/create_folder_v2

Contents of my Post = 

--header "Authorization: Bearer <<dropbox_token>>" \
--header "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin: <<TEAM_MEMBER_ID>>" \
--header 'Dropbox-API-Path-Root: {".tag": "root", "root": : "84********"} \
--header "Content-Type: application/json" \
--data "{\"path\": \"<<file_path>>\",\"autorename\": false}"

I have tried every permutation I can think of in the 'Dropbox-API-Path-Root (including "Home" and "namespace_id" options and numbers 1-7 in the id. The number starting with 84 above is the namespace_id for the base directory called "Lodgical's Shared Workspace" as derived from a "https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/team/team_folder/list" post. The "<<TEAM_MEMBER>> was discovered by using a "https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/team/members/list" and returned: a dbmid with a tag of "team_admin".

I am using a new API app with "scoped" permissions and have pretty much every setting ticked as active

Pretty much everytime I think I have the syntax right etc I get the error: {"error_summary": "path/no_write_permission/..", "error": {".tag": "path", "path": {".tag": "no_write_permission"}}}

Everytime I switch to try the Dropbox-API-Select-User header instead - it creates the folder I want but inside the "Paul Lodge" Home Space.

I have read the namespace documentation etc from top to bottom, I can't quite work out what piece of the puzzle I am notting getting right. Can you please help?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Lodgical I see you also have a new thread about this, so I'll follow up with you there shortly

Need more support?