cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: Get information about user who uploaded a document

Get information about user who uploaded a document

VictorNemiro1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello. Could you help me please? How i can get the information about team member who uploaded a document and datetime of uploading? I can see he in the website but i did not find the API V2 that can help me with it.
Screenshot_4.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can retrieve a list of revisions to a particular file by calling /2/files/list_revisions. That will give you a list of FileMetadata for each change.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can find this information in the 'FileMetadata' object for the file. Specifically, FileMetadata.server_modified is the date/time when the file was last changed, and FileMetadata.sharing_info.modified_by contains the account ID for the user that last changed the file, if the file is in a shared folder.

You can get FileMetadata objects from a number of different endpoints on the API, such as /2/files/get_metadata or /2/files/list_folder[/continue]. You can get more information about an account for a particular account ID from /2/users/get_account.

Those are links to the documentation for the HTTPS endpoints themselves, but we recommend using one of the official SDKs if possible. Those have corresponding native methods for the HTTPS endpoints. 

VictorNemiro1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you. But i will lose these information if somebody other will change the document. The fields that you described will be rewrite. How i can get information about a downloader after document changing?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can retrieve a list of revisions to a particular file by calling /2/files/list_revisions. That will give you a list of FileMetadata for each change.

Need more support?