cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get list of all file changes

Get list of all file changes

michael34254
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I used the list_folder/continue API, I noticed that it returns the file changes for only that particular folder whose cursor has been used. If I want the changes that have been made in a different folder, I have to get the cursor of that folder and make an API call again.  Unlike getting list of changes of a particular folder, is there a way through which I can get a list of changes for all the folders through one API call.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @michael34254,

Have you used the "recursive" parameter in initial request (before /2/files/list_folder/continue)? :thinking: "continue" will just follows the "rules" set in initial call ("/2/files/list_folder" or "/2/files/list_folder/get_latest_cursor"). :wink:

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @michael34254,

Have you used the "recursive" parameter in initial request (before /2/files/list_folder/continue)? :thinking: "continue" will just follows the "rules" set in initial call ("/2/files/list_folder" or "/2/files/list_folder/get_latest_cursor"). :wink:

Hope this helps.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

As Здравко mentioned, /2/files/list_folder/continue will behave according to the parameters used on the initial call to /2/files/list_folder for the used cursor.

It's not possible to change the parameters on an existing cursor. 

If you want to receive nested entries, you'll need to set 'recursive:true' on the initial /2/files/list_folder call. Likewise, if you want to get entries/changes for all files/folders under the root, as opposed to just a specific folder, you'll need to set the 'path' parameter on the initial /2/files/list_folder call to the empty string "".

michael34254
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank's Greg, to you and Здравко. Totally ignored recursive for the initial request. Work's fine now.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

michael34254 Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?