cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 409 Conflict while using save url.

Getting 409 Conflict while using save url.

gauravsc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi

I am trying to use save_url endpoint. Until yesterday it was working fine but today it started giving me 409 conflict. Here is the response i am getting.

{StatusCode: 409, ReasonPhrase: 'Conflict', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
{
  Transfer-Encoding: chunked
  Connection: keep-alive
  Content-Security-Policy: sandbox; frame-ancestors 'none'
  X-Dropbox-Request-Id: 4e1e1252cafb4efb6dcfe7aabb380bf7
  X-Frame-Options: DENY
  X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
  Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 08:24:45 GMT
  Server: nginx
  Content-Disposition: attachment; filename='error'
  Content-Type: application/json
}}

What went wrong?

Edit: The  app i was working had folder permission. I created new app with full access and everything started to work normally. Is this behaviour normal? My previous app with app folder access was working fine since yesterday (13-Feb-2019). Is it possible to change app permission to Full access, as i am unable to find any option related to that. I came across this, but it is posted in 2017. Is this still relavant? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! I can reproduce this issue. We'll look into it, and I'll follow up here once I have an update.

It's not possible to change the permission on an existing app. This issue does appear to affect apps with the app folder permission, but not the full Dropbox permission, so you may want to use your new full Dropbox app as a workaround for now.

Also, the other thread you linked to was referring to a similar issue, but was regarding a different permission (for the Dropbox Business API), so that doesn't appear to be relevant to this problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! I can reproduce this issue. We'll look into it, and I'll follow up here once I have an update.

It's not possible to change the permission on an existing app. This issue does appear to affect apps with the app folder permission, but not the full Dropbox permission, so you may want to use your new full Dropbox app as a workaround for now.

Also, the other thread you linked to was referring to a similar issue, but was regarding a different permission (for the Dropbox Business API), so that doesn't appear to be relevant to this problem.

gauravsc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi

Thank you for your response. I have enabled new app with full Dropbox permission as of now. Please update here is anything changes and we can go back to our old app with folder permission. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This should be fixed now for app folder apps. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    gauravsc Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?