cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

February contest: Post your Paper workflow to win a Dropbox t-shirt and tote bag!
Highlighted

Getting multiple folders' permissions in a single request

Level 3

Is there a way to list multiple folders' permissions in a single request?

Using `list_folders` I can get the list of all shared folders has access to. Using `list_folder_members` I can get the list of all users and groups that have access to a given folder. Using `list_folders` is a little better since I can get all folders the user has access to, but it doesn't tell whether the user has access to a given folder via group or his/her inividual account. To find group permissions, I need to call `list_folder_members` on each folder. Consider I have 100K shared/team folders, I would need to make 100K requests to`list_folder_members` to list folder permissions.

2 Replies

Re: Getting multiple folders' permissions in a single request

Dropboxer

No, there isn't a way to do this I'm afraid, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

Re: Getting multiple folders' permissions in a single request

Level 3

Apparently, 90 percent of the questions I have asked so far was sent as a feature request of which none will be implemented!

Thanks for responding though!

API Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about API Support.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post