cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting permissions for a shared folder

setting permissions for a shared folder

jasmine_r
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

1) I have a shared folder where initially i have set viewer permission for the members of the shared folder. Is it possible to change that to editor permission?

2) who can set or change permissions to a shared folder ? Are the members of the shared folders allowed to change permissions?

3) Is there any API to get the username of the one who changed the permissions for a shared folder?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

1) Yes, you can change the permission level for a shared folder member after the fact. Via the API, you can do that using /2/sharing/update_folder_member.

2) Who can change permissions in a shared folder is determined by the "ACL policy" for that folder. You can set the `acl_update_policy` to either `editors` or `owners` after the fact using /2/sharing/update_folder_policy, or when initially sharing the folder using /2/sharing/share_folder.

3) No, the Dropbox API doesn't offer a log like that, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?