cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP :(

HELP :(

iCodes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

{"Value should match pattern '\\A(?:(/(.|[\\r\\n])*|id:.*)|(rev:[0-9a-f]{9,})|(ns:[0-9]+(/.*)?))\\z'\r\nParameter name: path"}

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
That error indicates that the path you're using doesn't exist in your account.

Note that if you're using an app with the "app folder" permission, that path would be relative to the root of the special app folder created for your app, under
/Apps/<app folder name>' by default. Does your app have the app folder permission? You can browse your app folder on the Dropbox web site: https://www.dropbox.com/ (as well as using ListFolder as I mentioned earlier.)

If you are using an app folder app, you can move whatever content you want into that app folder. (Or, register another app for the full Dropbox permission if you need that instead.)

You can check your existing app or create a new one on the App Console:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps

If you need help checking your apps or your current account you can open a ticket here so we can help privately:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
???

You actually need to tell us whats up

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

iCodes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Spoiler
heres my code:

try
{
       var result = await dbx.Sharing.CreateSharedLinkWithSettingsAsync(@"E:/Dropbox/iCodesStorageDropbox/H11018304_MMCH/CF1-         TR18-0000005-121212-JOSESAPANZAAMIDO.enc", null);
       var url = result.Url;
       MessageBox.Show(url);
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
        MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString());
}

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Yes, but you've not actually said WHAT you are trying to do.

We cannot help or even point you in the right direction if we dont know what you are wanting to do / how you are trying to do it etc.

Remember we are not sitting next to you. We cannot see your screen.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

iCodes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I want to get my file dropbox link im using c# and Dropbox api 

this is my c# code :

try
{
       var result = await dbx.Sharing.CreateSharedLinkWithSettingsAsync(@"E:/Dropbox/iCodesStorageDropbox/H11018304_MMCH/CF1-         TR18-0000005-121212-JOSESAPANZAAMIDO.enc", null);
       var url = result.Url;
       MessageBox.Show(url);
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
        MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString());
}

And this error message  will show :

{"Value should match pattern '\\A(?:(/(.|[\\r\\n])*|id:.winking face|(rev:[0-9a-f]{9,})|(ns:[0-9]+(/.winking face?))\\z'\r\nParameter name: path"}

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Great, that makes more sense.

I'm going to move this to the API forum area where hopefully somebody with a clue about programming can help!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@iCodes I see that you're trying to call CreateSharedLinkWithSettingsAsync but it's failing because you're not providing a valid 'path' value. You're supplying a local path (starting with the local drive letter "E:/", and so on). When using the Dropbox API though, the paths you use should be relative to the root of the Dropbox (or app folder root if you're using an app registered for the app folder permission).

So, your path value should lookg like "/iCodesStorageDropbox/H11018304_MMCH/CF1- TR18-0000005-121212-JOSESAPANZAAMIDO.enc".

You can retrieve valid path values from the API itself, e.g., from Metadata.PathLower, as returned from ListFolderAsync, for instance.

iCodes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Greg-DB

Hello Greg

I follow your instruction but there is an error it says : "path/not_found/...."error.png

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
That error indicates that the path you're using doesn't exist in your account.

Note that if you're using an app with the "app folder" permission, that path would be relative to the root of the special app folder created for your app, under
/Apps/<app folder name>' by default. Does your app have the app folder permission? You can browse your app folder on the Dropbox web site: https://www.dropbox.com/ (as well as using ListFolder as I mentioned earlier.)

If you are using an app folder app, you can move whatever content you want into that app folder. (Or, register another app for the full Dropbox permission if you need that instead.)

You can check your existing app or create a new one on the App Console:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps

If you need help checking your apps or your current account you can open a ticket here so we can help privately:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

iCodes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Good Day Greg

Its working! thanks a lot 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

iCodes Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II