cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HTTP API to retrieve file comments info

HTTP API to retrieve file comments info

alfoto
New member | Level 2

I would need to know if it is possible to retrieve the comments written for a shared file (comment and position) and if it is possible to upload new comments or answers from a desktop application using CURL. Haven't found at the API list. 

Thanks.

49 Replies 49

ampinwatec
Explorer | Level 4

How can we get this prioritized? It seems I'm not the only one who would REALLY like this feature to be implemented ASAP? 🙂  @Greg-DB @QMan @alfoto @aschulman @Jeremiah A.2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@ampinwatec This feature request is open with the team, and I've included your feedback, but I can't promise if/when it will be released.

acty_vishwas
New member | Level 2

Hi Greg,

Is there any update on the issue?
Is there any API which allows to create and get comments?

Thanks.

DBX_Robert
Dropbox Staff

Hi @acty_vishwas

There is no update on this feature request, nor are there any existing API endpoints for reading or writing file comments.  I have updated the existing request to include your additional expressed interest in these endpoints.

acty_vishwas
New member | Level 2

Hi @DBX_Robert,

Thank you for the consideration!

rlamarv
New member | Level 2

Hi, how can I "follow" this topic  or know about this feature ?

Thanks.

DBX_Robert
Dropbox Staff

If you scroll to the top of the page, there should be three dots in the upper right corner, right below the link that says "support" that you can click.  In that menu should be a "subscribe" option.

ampinwatec
Explorer | Level 4

Maybe - just maybe - this could be a new years present to all professional dropbox users out there? 😄

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@ampinwatec I'm afraid we don't have any update on this feature request. Apologies I don't have any better news to share for the new year!

ampinwatec
Explorer | Level 4
Anything new to report? 😊
Need more support?