cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable the captcha on signing

How can I disable the captcha on signing

Albertcancook
New member | Level 2

Hi Greg,

I just encountered some problems with our selenium testing, it seems our signing for our app just recently aquired a captcha. captcha is good for security but bad for automation run 🙂 .

Is there any account or any test environment, we can use for our application testing where we dont face captcha issue.

14 Replies 14

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Dropbox does have an abuse detection system in place to detect and prevent automated logins to help protect our users against account compromise. It uses a variety of factors to decide whether or not to display a captcha, so whether or not you see it may vary over time.

Unfortunately though, no, Dropbox doesn't provide a way to bypass the captcha for testing. We'll consider it a feature request.

Apologies I don't have a better answer for you!

kevindh
New member | Level 2

Hi, I am working in a company where we provide the dropbox to every user for back up and if needed we also buy the space. But my bad that whenever i create forwarder and try to setup the dropbox as a security captcha is coming. What i found is its not fully responsive sometimes it  takes more than 30 min to get rid of captcha. And its good to have security but its need to be quite responsive. Thanks

ifedapo
New member | Level 2

You may login with Google to avoid captcha. Works for me

Bachata
New member | Level 2

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This also works if you sign in with Apple too. That 10 minute long Captcha is ridiculous!! I'm all for security, but I'm also for efficiency. Taking 10 minutes to log in every time is absurd! 

skidooer_31
Explorer | Level 4

I tried that but i get an error and it just won't allow my ipad to connect with dropbox.  Keeps getting the error dropbox/captcha is needed to authenticate the connection.  I've done just about everything i could think of to eliminate this.  From deleting my dropbox account and my avg and my other firewalls.  Still no good.

skidooer_31
Explorer | Level 4

I've tried to go in thru apple also and still all the same error on my ipad.  dropbox/captcha required for authentication.  I may as well delete dropbox.  No problem uploading to it but no way to connect it to my ipad and i've neveer had this problem before.  

skidooer_31
Explorer | Level 4

Hi:

I've tried to sync my ipad to dropbox and i keep getting the same error.  Dropbox/captcha required for authenication.  I've deleted dropbox and reinstalled it.  Having to replace all my files again.  I've also switched off evrything i could under microsoft and goodle security.  I deleted my antivirus and still the same.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@skidooer_31 For help with the Dropbox sign in process please reach out to support: https://www.dropbox.com/support/

skidooer_31
Explorer | Level 4

I've already sent this complaint to Dropbox and i still didn't get any reply other than yours.  So now your sending me to support again.  Like i said there is nothing in support to answer my question.  I only want to be able to connect dropbox with my ipad.  If no one can tell me why this is happening then dropbox ain't good for any use i may have.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

skidooer_31 Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?