cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Manage Multiple Dropbox accounts on one PC

How to Manage Multiple Dropbox accounts on one PC

maulikkansara
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am using Dropbox API to integrate Dropbox features in one of my developing windows application.

Now the scenario is like, I have one business account and one private account configured in my computer. 

Now I want to develop a feature which can get a list of dropbox accounts configured in a computer so that application can ask the user to select preferred Dropbox account to  use into the application.

Now how can i get the list of configured dropbox accounts through Api or any other way?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Are you referring to getting the Dropbox accounts that already configured in the official Dropbox desktop client application? You can find the paths to the local Dropbox folders programmatically as documented here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/locate-dropbox-folder#programmatically

That only offers a few pieces of information about the local Dropbox folders. If you need more functionality than that, you'd need to use the Dropbox API, and have the user authorize your app via the OAuth app authorization flow. That results in an access token you can use to talk directly to the Dropbox API servers, not the local Dropbox desktop client application. You can have the user process the authorization flow multiple times to connect multiple accounts if desired though, in which case you'd have the app store multiple access tokens.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Are you referring to getting the Dropbox accounts that already configured in the official Dropbox desktop client application? You can find the paths to the local Dropbox folders programmatically as documented here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/locate-dropbox-folder#programmatically

That only offers a few pieces of information about the local Dropbox folders. If you need more functionality than that, you'd need to use the Dropbox API, and have the user authorize your app via the OAuth app authorization flow. That results in an access token you can use to talk directly to the Dropbox API servers, not the local Dropbox desktop client application. You can have the user process the authorization flow multiple times to connect multiple accounts if desired though, in which case you'd have the app store multiple access tokens.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?