cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to get File/Folder LinkMetadata for all links to dbx for business content

How to get File/Folder LinkMetadata for all links to dbx for business content

starver
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dbx User endpoints provide sharing/list_shared_links and sharing/get_shared_link_metadata, both operate in the context of a user.

Is there a way to list all links for a dbx team, and get associated metadata?

Note: I tried Dropbox-API-Select-Admin header, returned a clear error telling me that was not supported.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TaylorKrusen
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

In order to get shared links and their corresponding metadata for an entire team, you would need to leverage the Dropbox Business APIs. 

You could pull a list of team members with teams/members/list, then use team members file access to execute the sharing/list_shared_links and sharing/get_shared_link_metadeta calls on behalf of each user.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

TaylorKrusen
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

In order to get shared links and their corresponding metadata for an entire team, you would need to leverage the Dropbox Business APIs. 

You could pull a list of team members with teams/members/list, then use team members file access to execute the sharing/list_shared_links and sharing/get_shared_link_metadeta calls on behalf of each user.  

starver
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks @TaylorKrusen , I appreciate a Saturday response 😉

Need more support?