Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

How to get list members on a team folder using team admin token?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

How can I use the team admin token to find the member list on a team folder? My doubt is, to get the list of members I need to provide some memberId with header "Dropbox-API-Select-User". But I dont know who all has access on the folder so I cannot provide that info. Please help.

Thanks,

Manish

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to get list members on a team folder using team admin token?

Dropboxer

To use the team member file access feature to access arbitrary team content, even if you don't yet know who is a member of the folder, you should use "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin" instead of "Dropbox-API-Select-User". If supply any team admin's ID as "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin", you'll be able to call /2/sharing/list_folder_members[/continue] (or other such endpoints) even if that admin is not a member of the folder. You can find more information in the documentation here.

2 Replies
Highlighted

Dropboxer

To use the team member file access feature to access arbitrary team content, even if you don't yet know who is a member of the folder, you should use "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin" instead of "Dropbox-API-Select-User". If supply any team admin's ID as "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin", you'll be able to call /2/sharing/list_folder_members[/continue] (or other such endpoints) even if that admin is not a member of the folder. You can find more information in the documentation here.

Explorer | Level 4

Perfect ! 

This is really helpful. Thanks Greg !

API Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about API Support.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.