cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to get list members on a team folder using team admin token?

How to get list members on a team folder using team admin token?

VeraSecurity
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

How can I use the team admin token to find the member list on a team folder? My doubt is, to get the list of members I need to provide some memberId with header "Dropbox-API-Select-User". But I dont know who all has access on the folder so I cannot provide that info. Please help.

Thanks,

Manish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To use the team member file access feature to access arbitrary team content, even if you don't yet know who is a member of the folder, you should use "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin" instead of "Dropbox-API-Select-User". If supply any team admin's ID as "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin", you'll be able to call /2/sharing/list_folder_members[/continue] (or other such endpoints) even if that admin is not a member of the folder. You can find more information in the documentation here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To use the team member file access feature to access arbitrary team content, even if you don't yet know who is a member of the folder, you should use "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin" instead of "Dropbox-API-Select-User". If supply any team admin's ID as "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin", you'll be able to call /2/sharing/list_folder_members[/continue] (or other such endpoints) even if that admin is not a member of the folder. You can find more information in the documentation here.

VeraSecurity
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Perfect ! 

This is really helpful. Thanks Greg !

Need more support?