cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload iOS ipa file to Dropbox using fastlane and circleci script?

How to upload iOS ipa file to Dropbox using fastlane and circleci script?

white_wu
New member | Level 2

I want to add steps in Fastlane and CircleCI script to upload iOS IPA file to Dropbox after each release.  I use the Fastlane plugin 'dropbox' to upload the IPA file.  I created an app in the dropbox website(https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps), then I got the App key and App secret, these look great and the prompt "Starting upload of /Users/distiller/project/output/gym/Carepilot.ipa to Dropbox", but finally failed, prompt " No value found for 'password' ".

1.Is my above method effective?

2.How can I add the password here? How can I solve my problem?

3.If my above practice is invalid, is there any other way to help me automatically upload the IPA file through the fastlane and circleci script?

The code in FastLane file as follow:

lane :beta do
match
gym
dropbox( file_path: '/Users/distiller/project/output/gym/Carepilot.ipa', dropbox_path: '/home/Apps/CarePilot', app_key: 'XXXXX', app_secret: 'XXXX' )

The failure images as following:

Paste Image.pngk.png

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55233124/how-to-upload-ipa-file-to-dropbox-using-fastlane-and-ci... ]

I see that you're using a pre-built plugin made by a third party. We're happy to help with any issues you may be having with the Dropbox API itself, but since this looks like a configuration issue for the plugin, you may want to contact the developer of the third party plugin. 

Also, for reference, the Swift SDK that you linked to in your StackOverflow post is meant for developers integrating with Dropbox inside their iOS apps, so it doesn't sound like that applies here.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?