cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is this ok that i can insert brackets naming a folder? ... warning say brackets aren't allowed

I can insert brackets naming a folder? ... warning say brackets aren't allowed ...

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

ScreenHunter_97-Dec.-21-09..jpgScreenHunter_98-Dec.-21-09..jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The images in your first post here didn't come through, but it sounds like you're referring to using angle brackets in file/folder paths via the Dropbox web site versus the Dropbox API.

The Dropbox web site is a bit more restrictive than the API in this regard, e.g., since angle brackets are reserved on Windows. You can find more information on these restrictions here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/145

You may wish to have your app enforce this restrictions when using the API depending on the use case for your app.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

in effect i can't via dropbox.com account interface ... but i can with remote script. Is ok?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The images in your first post here didn't come through, but it sounds like you're referring to using angle brackets in file/folder paths via the Dropbox web site versus the Dropbox API.

The Dropbox web site is a bit more restrictive than the API in this regard, e.g., since angle brackets are reserved on Windows. You can find more information on these restrictions here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/145

You may wish to have your app enforce this restrictions when using the API depending on the use case for your app.

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

ah so nice ... this the reason ...Thank you as ever to point me to what i had completely ignored 🙂

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
... this is a problem for an APP that need to run into a CMS like joomla or others for example ... a cms can run on numerous OS and servers so will be necessary in these cases to choose maybe to discard if on WIN, folders, and files that belong to folders when containing certain chars; it is also possible not allow to create folders with these chars on the cms app. This resolve the problem, at best is possible i think.
Need more support?