cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID of deleted folders

ID of deleted folders

sty6
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Is there a way to retrieve the IDs of deleted folders? We are trying to use download_zip on some deleted folders and it cannot find deleted folders by path.  Are there any alternatives to downloading deleted folders without restoring them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API doesn't return the file/folder ID for DeletedMetadata, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

The /2/files/download and /2/files/download_zip endpoints don't support downloading deleted files/folders though, nor is there another way to do so, so you'd need to restore anything you want to download first anyway. I'll send this along as a feature request as well. I can't promise if or when these might be implemented though. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API doesn't return the file/folder ID for DeletedMetadata, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

The /2/files/download and /2/files/download_zip endpoints don't support downloading deleted files/folders though, nor is there another way to do so, so you'd need to restore anything you want to download first anyway. I'll send this along as a feature request as well. I can't promise if or when these might be implemented though. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?