cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Server Error 500 when attempting files_restore()

Internal Server Error 500 when attempting files_restore()

A S.13
Explorer | Level 4

I am attempting to restore files that I deleted and am getting frequent internal server error (500).

I've had this issue in the past a number of months ago and it also went unresolved.  I actually found a backup copy of that directory in question so I just figured the support request would go unanswered.

My current issue is below.

Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/src/HelpStyle.h... Done.
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/src/HelpStyle.cpp... Done.
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/src/GuiComponent.h... Done.
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/src/GuiComponent.cpp... Done.
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/src/AudioManager.h... Done.
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/src/AudioManager.cpp... Done.
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/src/AsyncHandle.h... Done.
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/Makefile... Failed. InternalServerError('f4655c78cd8d7188f30f508c57266a44', 500, '')
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/CMakeLists.txt... Done.
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/CMakeFiles/progress.marks... Done.
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/cmakefiles/es-core.dir/src/Window.cpp.o... Failed. InternalServerError('1a7dc97574c10c90b98ade2118d5e452', 500, '')
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/cmakefiles/es-core.dir/src/Util.cpp.o... Failed. InternalServerError('fbb7082091ad1a77382467b36248f442', 500, '')
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/cmakefiles/es-core.dir/src/ThemeData.cpp.o... Failed. InternalServerError('43421bdec873a3fe7cbb1368d79b7d0f', 500, '')
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/cmakefiles/es-core.dir/src/Sound.cpp.o... Failed. InternalServerError('827357d3441525b695dfdf8970eb4f0a', 500, '')
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/cmakefiles/es-core.dir/src/Settings.cpp.o... Failed. InternalServerError('bb9169ce599fed57e46e4a34f1726bff', 500, '')
Restoring /programming/retropie/emulationstation/es-core/cmakefiles/es-core.dir/src/resources/TextureResource.cpp.o...

The code is here:  https://gist.github.com/ascheel/e04b9a1d10dc9063bba5ded0581680bf

7 Replies 7

TaylorKrusen
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the detailed log and code sample.

I've filed a bug with our engineers. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something. 

A S.13
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you.

A S.13
Explorer | Level 4

Any luck?  It's been running literally a week straight with almost constant 500s.  As a paying Dropbox customer, I do expect file restorations to work.  If not, this is VERY MUCH a deal breaker for me.

TaylorKrusen
Dropbox Staff

Hey good timing! I just got an update. 

This is the result of an uncaught error state where your application is trying to restore a file that has already been purged. 

The fix from our end, when implemented, will be a more accurate error rather than a change to API behavior. 

If we need to dig into your application a little more to understand what's happening regarding backups, restoration, and purging, then it's probably worth opening a ticket so we can get into specifics. 

Apologies for the delay, but at least we know what is going on now!

A S.13
Explorer | Level 4

Per your request, I submitted a support ticket with the Email option.  The only thing about the solution they gave you is that these files shouldn't BE purged.  They were deleted less than a day before my restore attempt took place.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks! The work to fix the API error reporting is in progress. Please work with support on your ticket for help with checking on the files themselves.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

For reference, the error handling on the API itself should be fixed now.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    A S.13 Explorer | Level 4
    TaylorKrusen Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?