cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to hardcode the login credentials For Dropbox API when login the 1st time?

Is it possible to hardcode the login credentials For Dropbox API when login the 1st time?

Simone11
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I have Dropbox api integrated in my iOS app. I want to know if it is possible to hardcode dropbox login details (uersname/password) when users 1st time launches the app.

This is require because we have an enterprise iOS app and we want to use just one dropbox account for all out clinets. so that wen they intall the app they should directly get access to that single dropbox account.

If not let me know if there is any other alternative.

Many Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The API was designed with the intention that each user would link their own Dropbox account, in order to interact with their own files. It is technically possible to connect to just one account. The SDKs don't offer explicit support for it and we don't recommend doing so, for various technical and security reasons.

However if you did go this route, instead of kicking off the authorization flow, you would embed an existing access token for your account and app (not your username and password). Again though, this is not reccomended. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?